1. Get a routine going. Go to bed at the same time every night.
2. Diet. Certain foods help. Chicken, Bananas etc.
3. Turn the clock around in the bedroom so you can't stare at it wondering why you're not asleep yet.
4. Don't do any exercise late at night.
5. Don't drink any caffeinated drinks after 4pm.
6. Get a White Noise machine or an .mp3 of white noise played through your computer and speakers. A radio or music played at a very low volume is another alternative.
7. Cut down stress in your life as much as possible.
8. Learn relaxation techniques like deep breathing.
9. Guided relaxation tapes or downloadable .mp3's can help.
10. Attend a course on how to relax - your local library should have details.
11. A warm room also sends people to sleep fast.
Just Relax and have Fun with it.